Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 7 : Let's Try this Again

Day 7...  

Today I started my new taper off Klonopin plan.  Luckily, I slept late so I didn't have to take my meds early in the morning.  I have learned that it takes 6-8 hours for the medication to wear off and then the withdrawals start. So the sooner I take it, the earlier it wears off, which usually is just in time for me to cook dinner and spend time with my daughter.

Anyhoo.... 
I made my liquid poison before I took it, instead of doing it the night before. That was the first change I made.  Second, instead of dissolving my 1mg pill in 300ml of water, I used 100ml.  Over the past 6 days of tapering I had gotten down to 98% of my original dose, and the side effects were unbearable and frightening.  I didn't understand why it was affecting me so badly and with such intensity.  I figure it must have something to do with the water amount and time the pill spent dissolving in it. I was obviously doing something wrong.

So at noon I took my dose for the  day.  I took out 2ml of the 100ml, which would equal 98% of my dosage.  Let's see if it makes a difference.

It did.

Today has been a good day.  Not a great day, but a better day than yesterday and the day before.  Around 8pm I could tell that it was wearing off.  My eyes started to puff up again and my joints started hurting.  But compared to what has been happening the past few days, this was a peach! Plus, it was later in the evening so I could sit and relax anyway.  So my new plan has worked.  So far, so good.  I worked, I spent time with my daughter, I even laughed a little.  

Tomorrow I take out another milliliter.  I will be down to 97%.  That is one thing about reducing the amount of water, the taper goes faster.  Fast isn't always the best thing.  Right now my plan is to taper every day until I get to 95% and then stay there for a few days.  

Today I am optimistic.  I still feel icky, but I feel like I have a handle on it.  I listened to my body and made adjustments.  Hopefully this will be my ticket out of hell. This place sucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment